Iron Fish (Direct Import from Japan)
The Iron Fish provides a significant portion of your daily required iron intake.
Especially for vegetarians and females, iron demand is more than general. In Japan, some research shows that iron cookware and iron cookgin products can facilitate iron intake. When you place an iron fish in the pot and cook for 10 minutes, it will release appropriate amount of iron.
4-step usage of Iron Fish:
1. Clean the iron fish with soap, water and towel
2. Place the iron fish in 1L of water or soup. Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice (or cook with acidic food like curry, tomato, etc.). Boil for 10 minutes and remove the iron fish.
3. Add other ingredients to the boiled water or soup.
4. Clean the iron fish with a dry towel and keep it in a dry place. Store it in a sealed bag.
1. Be careful when removing the iron fish from hot water
2. Clean and dry it. Store it in a sealed container or bag. (Less exposure to air can prevent rusting)
3. If the iron fish gets rusty, use a wire brush to remove rust
4. If the iron fish turns black, soak it in vinegar till it returns to the original color